Level 2 Certificate Mental Health Awareness
Free Mental Health Awareness Course
The VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness is a VRQ aimed at learners aged 16+ who are either in a full-time education programme, a part time programme at a college or with a private training provider. The purpose of the qualification is to provide learners with an understanding of mental health and mental ill-health. Learners will develop knowledge of a range of mental health conditions, the issues surrounding mental health and the legal frameworks that impact on the quality of care provided.
What does this qualification cover?
The qualification includes ten mandatory units which include:
- Understanding what is meant by mental health and mental ill-health
- Understand the changes in mental health care
- Raising awareness of a range of mental health conditions
- Understanding the legal context of mental health
- Understand the ways in which mental health conditions can be managed
What you will learn from this course
Throughout this qualification, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of a range of mental health conditions, their causes, signs and symptoms and ways in which these conditions will be managed.
The qualification will also aim to raise awareness of the issues surrounding mental health and dispel some of the myths and misconceptions often linked to mental health.
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners undertaking this qualification may wish progress to other mental health related qualifications including:
- Mental Health First Aid qualifications
- Mental wellbeing in children/young people
See our Free Level 1 Award Mental Health Awareness Course
Get in touch with our team today to book a course for Vocational Teacher Training in Kent. Fill in our handy contact form, or email us directly via: